Monday, June 4, 2012

Gradient & A Brilliant Idea!

Between pinterest, the interwebs and myself... a couple of my friends have also ventured into doing their nails as a hobby. I had tried gradient for the first time the other day and thought white to hot pink would look cool. Unfortunately I had forgotten a very important step of wetting the sponge first so the polish wouldn't soak up into it. My nails turned out ok but the light pink barely showed up and it looked very rough.

Even though she made fun of me, my friend Kate decided to try it out herself using yellow to orange. It came out looking great (especially for her first attempt) and very summery!!


She's already had a few compliments on it and I can't wait to try again when all my new colors arrive.

Since both of us own a lot of nail polish we had discussed better ways of storing/displaying them. Her and her fiance live in a small one bedroom apartment but he told her he didn't care how many nail polishes she bought, as long as she had somewhere to put them. She tossed around the idea of getting a shelf to put up and display them. Well, I don't know how this really came about but she sent me this picture yesterday and said it was her fiance's idea. (That's his foot in the picture!)


I figured it was a caboodles. Upon asking her, turns out... it's a Tackle Box!!! How brilliant! The nail polishes seem to fit perfectly! Even the Sally Hansen Xtreme bottles fit two to a slot! Not only that, she has room to grow!!! I am probably going to pick one up myself today after work! It's organized and portable!

My friend Ashley has also been experimenting (to the point where she wasn't satisfied with everything she tried and did her nails like 5 times the other day!!) She bought a nail polish pen to make a black bow under her self done French Manicure. She wasn't very satisfied with the pen, but for a first attempt her nails came out really cute.


It's feels great to inspire others and share a fun and wonderful hobby with my friends. I'll be taking off my galaxy nails tonight and I'm not sure what I am going to try next as I wait for all my fun Barielle polishes to arrive!!

~ Happy Manicuring!

No comments:

Post a Comment